Thursday 12 February 2015

My Naughty Thoughts : Fifty Shades the Visual

Ah the movie....what can I say. In a few days Fifty Shades of Grey the movie will be coming out in my country. The full visual. No longer words on some pages, images in my head, but full frontal. Hmmmmm.....

I wrote my first post about reading this book a few months ago. Remember, I locked myself out of my house with a dead cell and had to wait for the landlords to let me in. So I pulled out my tablet, settled on the cold, hard concrete floor and figured, what the heck.

I've read all the shades of Grey and honestly was not impressed. I started out with a true interest in understanding why Christian's mind worked the way it did (like I said I love male leads with some kind of emotional problem to get past). As I plowed through the trilogy (once I start something I have to finish) I kept thinking... this guy is rich, handsome, powerful but also, controlling, possessive and insecure. I started liking him less and less. But at least he had depth I guess, because Anastasia was like cardboard; blank and flavorless (no I haven't tasted cardboard...just assuming).

I still like the book for opening me up to a part of myself I didn't know existed (the freaky deaky part that wouldn't mind trying the submissive role). The story was interesting at times, but too jam-packed with every possible scenario the author could think of ...a stalker...jealous outburst...kidnapping...a kid...death scare...molestation...sexual harassment...do I go on....all she was missing to throw in there was the kitchen sink.

So now I get to watch them play out on the big screen. My coworker has already asked when we're hitting the theater. She's never read the books but she wants to see the movie. Not surprised. She's probably one of those undercover chicks. All quiet and prissy, but probably a freak behind closed doors.  I hope it's gonna be worth the $15. Movie adaptations are rarely better than the book, but in this case....who knows.

And that's my newest naughty thoughts on fifty shades.

Later Loveys

P.S. Don't forget to share/google+ this post if you liked it

No comments:

Post a Comment